The 22nd Annual Vines to Wines Winemaker Dinner & Auction
Hosted by Cal Poly's Wine and Viticulture Department in support of its Vines to Wines student club, the annual Winemaker Dinner will feature wines crafted by Cal Poly alumni AND supporters of wine education, each carefully paired with a course of the five-course dinner.
Your support will provide the department and club with funds that enable students to receive a hands-on education in winemaking, grape growing or wine business. The auction offers attendees the chance to bid on offers exclusive to Cal Poly's Wine and Viticulture department. Previous auction items have included: Los Angeles Dodgers baseball tickets, zip lining packages, private exclusive winery tours, weekend getaways, and a catered Santa Maria style barbecue for 50 people.
Prior to the dinner there is also time to explore the Central Coast and its beautiful beaches, hiking trails, the more than 500 wineries in San Luis Obispo County, and tasting bars.
Featured Alumni Winemakers
Chris Cameron of Broken Earth Winery
Nathan Carlson of Center of Effort
Jerry Lohr of J.Lohr Vineyards & Wines
Saturday, February 25, 2017
6 to 9 p.m.
Broken Earth Winery
5625 California 46
Paso Robles, Calif. 93446
For the first time ever, we will head over the "Grade" to North County where we will be hosted at Broken Earth Winery in Paso Robles. To see more of the venue, please visit: http://www.brokenearthwinery.com/
$100 per person
$750 per table of eight
Includes $30 tax-deductible contribution
*Transportation available at additional cost
Wines to be paired with appetizers and a five-course plated
dinner by Taste Eatery.
Event will feature both live and silent auctions.
Transportation will be available for an additional cost of $25 per person. Tickets can be purchased via the online registration system. Please note, transporation ticket sales are nonrefundable. There are currently two locations for pickup/dropoff:
Tentative Schedule (subject to change based on demand):
- 4:30 pm - depart from Von's, 3900 Broad Street, San Luis Obispo, stop in Paso Robles
- 5:25 pm - depart from Wal Mart, 180 Niblick Road, Paso Roble
- 6:25 pm - depart from Wal Mart, 180 Niblick Road, Paso Robles (2nd run)
- 9:00 pm - depart venue to Wal Mart, 180 Niblick Road, Paso Robles
- 9:45 pm - depart venue to Wal Mart, 180 Niblick Road, Paso Robles (2nd run), continue to San Luis Obispo (10:45 pm)
- Avila Lighthouse Suites - (805) 627-1900
San Luis Obispo
- Holiday Inn San Luis Obispo - (805) 544-8600
- Apple Farm Inn San Luis Obispo - (805) 544-2040
- Quality Inn San Luis Obispo - (805) 541-5001
- Courtyard San Luis Obispo - (805) 786-4200
- Holiday Inn Express Atascadero - (805) 462-0200
- Hampton Inn & Suites Paso Robles - (805) 226-9988
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles - (805) 239-3004
- Allegretto Vineyard Resort - (805) 369-2500
- Best Western Plus Black Oak - (805) 238-4740
Email questions to email@example.com
Kyann Varvel, student event coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maddy Rausch, student event coordinator, at email@example.com
Phone us in the Wine and Viticulture Department at (805) 756-7308
We look forward to celebrating with you!
Tax and Legal Disclaimer
Cal Poly and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.